So I’ve been mulling about, still on holiday and in a semi-comatose state, just how I like it. A part of me never wants this to end and another part is yearning for some colossal positive changes in my life. 2009 is over – gone, and I don’t lament its absence. It’s been a shit year of note, for everyone (well most of us anyway) and very few people are sad to see the tail end. I’ve decided that I’m not making any resolutions for 2010. Instead, I’m just going to live unapologetically with reckless abandonment (in the confines of Halaal-ness) and to give life my best shot…110% in whatever I spontaneously decide to do. I’m looking for something a little out of the box, extraordinary. Different. More than ever, I still stand by my mantra LIVE and will just take that to the next level. But I’ll get into all that another time. For now, I’ve got this tag-thing that I took from Waseem’s page, who got it from Nafisa…
1. What did you do in 2009 that you’d never done before?
A shit load, do you want a list?2. Did you keep your new years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Fuck resolutions. They’re just instruments used to measure your colossal failures thereby cementing and solidifying your place in Loser-ville for the other 364 days of the year.
3. How will you be spending New Year’s Eve?
Well, I went to a Wedding. A bring-and-braai Wedding, the best and cheapest kind.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
Yeah, lots of people. More importantly, Michael Jackson is gone :(
5. What countries did you visit?
Went to the Portuguese Islands, Inhaca Island off the coast of Mozambique. As well as England, Ireland, Scotland and Wales.
6. What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009?
Stability of sorts.
7. What date from 2009 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
November 18th. The day the South African Revenue Service realised that they owed me 7 years of tax rebates amounting to thousands.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Winning that fucking tedious and distressing lawsuit and getting a nice settlement in the process.
9. What was your biggest failure?
I don’t fail. I just re-evaluate.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Those tickets for the cruise.
12. Where did most of your money go?
13. What song will always remind you of 2009?
Meet me Halfway – Black Eyed Peas.
14. What do you wish you’d done more of?
15. What do you wish you’d done less of?
16. What was your favourite TV program?
17. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
I don’t care enough to hate.
18. What was the best book you read?
Road to Makkah – M. Asad (I’m not done though).
19. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Let me sign – Robert Pattinson & Face Down - Red Jumpsuit Apparatus.
20. What was your favourite film of this year?
Toss between The Proposal and The Hangover.
21. What did you do on your birthday?
Geez, I can’t remember now.
22. What kept you sane?
23. Who did you miss?
A few friends.
24. Who was the best new person you met?
No one stands out. I’ve been preoccupied.
25. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2009:
Faith is a gift that has to be cherished and nurtured. It can be easily lost or broken if neglected.