Every year, one of my cousins sends me a chain-mail-meme of some sort and almost every year I play along and answer all the questions, because I love procrastination tools innit. Sometimes I even post them to this blog. It's funny to go back and read old answers and see how you've changed or how your priorities have changed. Here’s more useless information that you didn’t need to know about me:
1. What time did you wake up this morning? 04:45am
2. The last thing you put in your mouth? Peanut butter & honey on whole wheat toast.
3. Do you have a nickname/s used by family, friends or colleagues? Yes.
Friends: Azzy, Az, Azrita, Chica, Chicana
Colleagues: Azzy, Doctor, Young Lady, Michelle (<-- that’s a long story)
4. Where is your favourite place in the whole world? On top of the Rock of Gibraltar, overlooking the east, on a clear day. There’s just something about The Med...
5. Beef or Chicken? And would you like that rare, medium rare or well done? Either, very well done please.
6. If you had to choose between Lobster and Prawns, which would it be? I don't eat cockroaches of the sea... or anything with tentacles... or anything that stays pink after you’ve cooked it.
7. Think of a lyric, fast! "Just give in, Don't give up baby, Open up your heart and your mind to me... Just know when, That glass is empty That the world is gonna bend, Yeah... (Happy in the club with a bottle of red wine, Stars in our eyes 'cuz we're having a good time... So happy I could Die)"
8. Would you ever dance on a table in a crowded place? Been there, done that.
9. What's your worst habit? Erm, toss between Procrastination and not being able to Shut Up sometimes.
10. If you could eat anything in the world right this second? Nutella (off Ian Somerhalder's abs).
11. When was the last time you cried real hard? When Michael Jackson died.
12. What do you do in your spare time? Travel; cook delicious food; translate and try to read this blog in French – to see what I’d look / sound like in France; go out with friends; dance; reflect; read (literature); make prank calls in Spanish; stalk Jonathan Knight on Twitter; catch up on Botinera gossip; make new friends; hang out with old friends; look after other people’s babies; write long ass letters; dream…
13. The funniest thing you’ve heard recently? Earl: “Come on Joy, don’t do it”…. Joy: “Oh it has been DID!!”
14. Any special talents? Well, 1) I pick up languages quickly. 2) I have excellent stalking skills and 3) I have frequent episodes of Déjà-Moo... y'know hearing & instinctively identifying the same bull-shit over and over again.
15. What do you always carry around with you in your handbag aside from the usual items? Superglue and a lighter.
16. What do you wish to attain in your life? Ease, Peace, Comfort, Tranquility, Serenity...
17. Do you think relationships are ever really worth it? If it’s leading to something great, yes.
18. Are you a bad influence? Depends on who you ask.
19. Night out or night in? Depends on who I’m with.
20. What items could you not go without during the day? Underwear, Spoons & Water.
21. Does anyone have a crush on you? I don't really know.
22. What does the last text message in your inbox say? "We missed you".
23. How do you feel about your life right now? Taking each day as it comes, living in the moment.
24. Do you hate anyone / anything? Hate is a wasted emotion. I dislike: War, Eggs and Pathological Liars.
25. First thing you notice about the opposite sex? Eyes. Hands. Smile.
26. What are you listening to right now? Fancy Footwork - Chromeo. If you look at the video carefully, you'll see me right at the end.
Just kidding. I bloody wish.
27. Any advice to others out there? There are those who Live and those who merely Exist: Live your Life… And, stalking in French and Arabic if you don’t speak either language is not impossible, difficult but not impossible.
28. Last movie you watched? Four Lions.
31. Name something you have to do tomorrow? Salsa, Cuban Salsa, Cumbia, Reggaeton.
32. Do you think too much or too little? I’m a professional over-analyzer...
33. Do you smile a lot? Always. Chronically.
34. Can you cook and at what level? Yep pretty good, been cooking since I was 9. Pics below: Four cheese Lumache pasta; home made burger patties (was an experiment); home-made pizza, samoosas, muffins, chicken schnitzel and soup for supper after a long day of fasting.
35. If you had a choice would you live by the sea or in the mountains? Definitely the sea.
36. Do you have a crush on someone? Erm... NO COMMENT :P
37. Your preferred meal would be? I like roast chicken. And pizza. And toast. And pasta. And my Mom’s chicken curry. And BBQ chicken wings. And a good steak… depends on my mood really and whatever’s available.
38. What's your drink of choice? 1) Water. 2) Coffee. 3) Tea. I don't drink Alcohol.
39. If you could spend a day with any celebrity, who would it be? Johnny Depp.
40. What song is stuck in your head? It alternates every 10 minutes between “Tonight I’m Loving You” ~ Enrique ft Ludacris and “Maybe Tomorrow” ~ Stereophonics
41. Tell us a few things about you that no one else knows? Erm... trying to think of things I haven’t already revealed… I have virtually no hair on my legs, arms etc. and the little I do have bleaches sandy brown/blonde in the sun; I have to wash my feet before going to bed otherwise I can't sleep; briefly ventured into the world of modelling in my teens; worked as an Extra when I was a student; took acting classes in London but I'm a terrible liar so I can't act for shit.
44. What’s the worst about being a
man / woman? P.M.S