I was tagged by the lovely Señora from I heart Mondegreens in Spain. I like memes so I've taken Michi's questions and combined them with a few other memes / questions I received on email. And voila:
1. What is your favourite saying, or motto?
The mark of a brilliant mind is one that can entertain a thought without necessarily accepting it ~ Aristotle
2. What is your dream job?
I have a few, but it would depend on where I am situated. An ice-cream taster in Italy; a Shepherd in Austria; a Barista in Costa Rica; a tube-driver or a professional protester in London.
3. What part of the world do you have little interest in travelling to? And which part of the world is next on your “list”?
Well, I never ever wake up with the urge to go to Australia. Although I wouldn’t rule it out entirely. India is definitely last on my list. No offence to the Aussies or Indians!! Next on the list - Croatia (iA).
4. If you could live anywhere, where would it be?
Anywhere on the Mediterranean coast.
5. When you travel, do you prefer to go to the city or the countryside?
6. What is the last thing you think about before falling asleep?
7. Are you a gardener, or a garden admirer? You can be both!
Admirer, I have no interest in getting into the earth until I’m dead.
8. Do you enjoy cooking? If so, what are some meals you like to prepare when you entertain?
Yes very much so. When entertaining, I like to make what the guest likes/prefers... anything from roast chicken with rice & vegetables to roast leg of lamb or grilled fish, a chicken curry or chicken Biryani. I also love making pasta and delicious quick & easy meals. Try this out:
1) 1 or 2 medium potatoes - washed and baked in an oven at 180⁰C/350⁰F (For the Baked / Jacket Potato)
2) 1 tin Tuna - drained from any liquid
3) 1 small onion - diced and pan fried lightly in olive oil until golden, then drained of oil
4) 1 or 2 eggs - boiled and diced
5) 1 green chilli (pepper pod) – de-seeded and chopped into tiny bits
6) Cheddar cheese - (quantity as preferred) diced into small cubes
7) A handful of coriander (cilantro) - chopped
8) 2 or 3 tablespoons of mayonnaise
9) Crushed black pepper and salt to taste
10) Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl. You can add or omit ingredients according to your preferences. Makes 2 - 4 servings.
Lunch is served.
9. Do you parallel park or drive around the block?
10. If there were 7 people from any time period you could invite to dinner, who would they be?
Prophet Solomon (AS)
Cyrus The Great
Khidr the Guide
Omar (RA) – Companion to the Prophet Muhammed (SAW)
11. Have you ever written or would you like to write a short story, memoir, or novel?
Have never written a book – but several short stories. I’d like to write an autobiography. And I have a novel or three located somewhere in my brain.
12. What kind of music helps you unwind?
Ben – Michael Jackson
Per Te – Josh Groban
13. When was the last time you cried?
30th of March 1982 at 04:20am.
14. Which lyrics aptly describe your love life?
It might seem like a crush, but it doesn't mean that I'm serious. 'Cause to lose all my senses, that is just so typically me. Oh baby, baby...Oops! I did it again. I played with your heart, got lost in the game. Oh baby, baby... Oops! You think I'm in love, that I'm sent from above, I'm not that innocent.
15. What do you most enjoy about blogging, and what advice would you give new bloggers?
I love the global interaction... the blogger ethnogenesis, the blurring of geographical boundaries, the interweaving of various ethnicities and cultures... and the knowledge that despite the distances and differences, we are more alike than we are different. Our bonds are threads etched in the fabric of humankind.
My advice to all “new” bloggers is to just be yourself because everybody else is taken. Use your mind, but let the words flow from your heart and soul.