Taking a page out of Deidre's book, it's a confessional up in here... so let's go:
1. My thoughts and opinions on the ludicrous traditions and practices surrounding the commercialism of Valentine's Day are notorious and have been well documented in the past. However, this teeny tiny fact hasn't prevented me from finding myself in the precarious position of having to buy not one, but TWO Valentine's Day gifts this year. What can I say? I set fires to feel joy.
2. I've been talking about it for ages, and finally found the courage to put my money where my mouth is. Thing is, I've never ever coloured my hair professionally before. And even when I did colour it, it was never a shade lighter than dark brown. So it was a big deal for me and I wrestled with when for a long time. Then I woke up one morning and decided that it was the day and just took a deep breath and plunged into it. Five hours and a fucking fortune later, I'm happy with the outcome - which in the natural light, is very close to what I originally wanted. It's still taking some getting used to though:
What I was going for:
3. Being tortured with the task of helping out and attending a somewhat prosaic Bachelorette party this weekend, there was a point when I was instantly transported down memory lane to much more robust, raucous and riotous times with some hilarious female friends and acquaintances; when strippers knocked on the hosts' door and the neighbours called the cops. As funny as those days were, I'm glad they're over (here's hoping). Truth is, I love beautiful men, FACT. But I don't like strippers at all, they make me feel uncomfortable and awkward. I tend to be conservative like that.
4. Speaking of parties, I can't believe (let alone accept) that I'm going to be 31 at the end of next month. It's a stupid number and I'm certainly not ready for it, so I've decided to celebrate my 30th all over again by throwing a party where the main theme is: In Denial. The cake will feature the Nile River flowing across it, decorated with a side of chocolate pyramids and a sphinx; and a tiny boat floating down that river with the number 30 and my name lodged firmly in the boat. And all the guests will be required to come dressed as the person they secretly think they are, or as someone who they think is in denial. See, I secretly think I'm Victoria Beckham, so two guesses who I'm coming as. I know someone else who's coming as her step-mother. I expect it will be nothing short of something fiercely hysterical.
5. Finally, I've never entered a competition and actually won anything... which is why winning the prize on Pretzel Thief's blog giveaway came as such a (wonderful) surprise. Thing is, I never intended to enter the competition - I was just commenting as I usually do. So finding out my comment was generated as the winner was ever so slightly whelming and had me coughing up my white cheddar popcorn on my burgundy Persian rug. I'm the cheery winner of a Ghanda aqua canvas satchel, which is just fanfuckingtastic: